Saturday, May 19, 2007

First Place, first time!

Yesterday, I was looking at races on the Track Club website to see where we could go to watch a race being timed to get ready for our race on June 9. (Roll on the River 5K) I happened to notice a 5K in Arnold, benefiting Comtrea, so I showed up this morning and registered. And I WON!!! First time I have ever gotten 1st Place in my age group! Woohoo! Very exciting! My time was 28:00 according to the clock, but officially it was 27:something. Don't know why, but hey! I'll take it! It was a perfect morning. Coolish and sunny. The allergens were thick though, so it was hard to breathe. I did remember to use my albuterol puffer, for those of you who worry about that. I also drank that 5 hour energy stuff, and ate a banana. I think i will stick with this strategy from now on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home