Friday, July 06, 2007

Rec-Plex Spring Triathlon






On June 17th, I finished the St. Peters Rec-Plex Triathlon...barely. Actually it was fine, cept for the run. I got to the start exhausted. Due to my mother being in and out of the hosp, my training was off, and I was just so tired from being at the hosp so much. So I wasn't expecting much from my performance. I just decided to go slow and make it to the end. The swim was ok. Slower than the fall Rec-Plex tri, by a min or two. I was very relaxed...got past a lot! Bike went ok too, though I felt like i was pushing it more than last fall and thought my time would have improved, but it was the same as last year. Oh well. Got off the bike and was spent. I walked half the run, which i've not done before, but I just didn't have it. But even with all the walking, my overall time was only 2-3 mins slower than last time. hmm. I did have fun on the run with the other CMCers and when i squirted Herb with my bottle. He was so surprised! LOL
It was fun to see all my CMC buddies and congrats to Herb, Bob, Mike G, Diana and everyone who did an awesome job at the race! And Thanks to Ron Chapman for cheering me up, mid-run, and running with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home